Sanatorium Maiden – Germany
( 2016 )
click on photo to enlarge
Take nothing but pictures and Leave nothing but footprints.
It was an honor to take pictures and leave footprints with you at this great place.
Sanatorium Sandswamp – Sweden
After Bergman’s death bought the county council property in 1908 for use as a sanatorium, which was inaugurated on September 14th 1913. This sanatorium had room for 88 patients, who mainly cared for in a newly constructed building called large pavilion or cottage. The sanatorium was deemed too small and did not meet the County Council’s demands, and in 1927 a decision was made on the construction of a central sanatorium. The modern was completed in 1931 and had 345 beds. Additionally there during World War II, the so-called E-pavilion with 44 places for refugees. The sanatorium had 389 seats in the 1950s. Sanatorieactivity ended in 1964 and its operations were transferred to the county hospital.
The building then became a nursing home for the mentally retarded until the fall of 1982. Two years later opened a rehabilitation center with 33 seats. This activity was moved to Constance spring 2003 and sanatorium building was sold to private owners, with the Norwegian financier Ivar Davidsen as financier. When the promised funding did not materialize property was purchased by a company owned by Stefan Mårtensson. Current owner is Gurkirpal Singh through his company Indus AS purchased the property in 2008 by the liquidator.
Click on photo to enlarge