FDGB-Erholungsheim Fritz Heckert – Germany
The large holiday hom was the first new building of a holiday home in the GDR and was built in the years 1952 to 1954 according to a design by HalleschenIngenieurbüros Maedecke in the style of classical tourisme . The design is based on the Berlin Olympic Village from 1936 onwards. It came about on behalf of the GDR-Einheitsgewerkschaft FDGB , which was responsible for the provision of holiday areas in the GDR. The home was named after the KPDpolitician Fritz Heckert (1884-1936).
The entrance of the home is arranged on the west side and protrudes halfway through the escape of the building and is equipped with terraces. On the south side of the bedside there are leaves.
Inside the house there is a large vestibule and halls in the individual floors.
The opening took place on July 11, 1954. In 1959 the holiday house was depicted on a GDR stamp. In 1969 the house was extended by a bed-house with 150 beds and a restaurant with bar. After the political cange of 1989 , the home was closed in 1990. The system was empty and decayed. In 1998, the later built Bettenhaus was demolished. In front of the home was the plastic young family , created by Heinz Beberniss . It was assured in 1999 and reissued in today’s Otto-Franke-Straße in Gernrode.
The holiday home is still empty and is urgently needed for renovation (status 2014).